Thursday, December 27, 2012

Top 10 Posts of 2012


There is a Top Played list on our iPods for a reason. Those songs are played and true to our hearts. They speak to us the best, representing fairly our thoughts, emotions, and sentiments at the moment when they rule above all other selections. Those are the songs we fall back on, relying on them to take us to a place that may only exist in our heads. Not saying that anything I have ever blogged has that same ability, but I do have top viewed posts. So, maybe they do not have the ability to evoke feelings that make us dance or sing but maybe they do present a small push in the right direction motivating us to be healthy, happy, and/or full. After all, if we don't have our health there is very little else that is possible. So no, these posts won't make you do the tango or burst into song but they may help you in your journey to keep your immune system strong giving you the capacity and energy to do so.

2012 was a great year and as always, I appreciate you- the reader. Thank you.

1. Carrot Cake & Frosting & an Update
 This post is almost an entire year old, but it still remains as one of the most read. It's probably because the carrot cake is so easy to make and is very similar to the wheat version. By the comments I could tell that there are a lot of others out there who relate to the trials of being on a restricted diet, it's so encouraging to hear from them!

2. Grain-Free Cereal
 I think cereal is hard for a lot of people to give up. Either you're a cereal person or you're not- and if you are, it's generally in a pretty hardcore sense. This grain-free version is an easy fix for those unhealthy boxed cereal cravings.

3. Avocado Chicken Salad
 I think Pinterest had a lot to do with the popularity of this post. It's a simple idea and easy to customize if someone does or doesn't like onions, etc.

4. Chewy Raisin Almond Butter Cookies
I rarely make sweets anymore unless they are for a special occasion, but back when I wrote this post I really relied on recipes like this one to get me through the day without cheating. I'm glad so many people have tried this and loved it.

5. Hot 'n' Crispy Cauliflower Tader Tots
A personal favorite. Cauliflower has turned out to be my favorite vegetable of the year. Don't let it's pale appearance fool you- it's versatile and can easily replace potatoes for just about any dish.

6. Sweet & Sour Chicken
It's true, Chinese food is irreplaceable with any other cuisine. I think this dish does a really good mock job though and is soy- and MSG-free among other things!

7. SCD Hot Cereal For Breakfast!
This recipe continues to top the chart. It's so simple, yet I probably never would have thought of just boiling almond flour in some water and calling it a faux-oatmeal. It's fast and it tastes good.

8. Paleo Biscuit Recipe Review
So if you Google "paleo biscuits" right now this post comes up as #1. Pretty cool, I would have never expected my little blog to be #1 on Google for anything. Thanks!

9. THE Best Grain-Free Pancakes
The name says it all. End of story.

10. Best Healthy Diet Purchase Ever!
For those of you still contemplating purchasing a Vitamix. It's an investment piece, truly, but as I have stated so many times before there really is nothing more important than your health. And if you purchase a refurbished Vitamix through me you get free shipping and for less than $350 you can own a 5 year warrantied kitchen utensil that you will never regret. That's less than $1 per day. If you are thinking about it- order it! You have 30 days to return it for a full refund if it doesn't work for you. But I promise, you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment