Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Paleo Biscuit Recipe Review



I haven't had a really good biscuit in almost two years. I've tried making scd and paleo versions before but they used a lot of almond flour and tended to carry a nutty flavor. These biscuits were a nice substitute to the wheat version however and are dairy-free compared to the other recipe I have used. I was able to even carefully slice one in half and use it for making a chicken biscuit. As usual, I made a few changes to the original recipe from Paleo Recipes, Paleo Meal. I did use butter to put on the top which is really more "primal" than paleo, so I assume you can use coconut butter or like the original recipe says to use almond butter if so desired. Anyways, the great thing about something like a biscuit is that it is adaptable to the cook's taste.


4 egg whites
1 egg, with yolk
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
butter to top (optional)

Mix all your dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add coconut milk and coconut oil and whole egg, stir well. Separately beat egg whites until frothy. Fold in egg whites to the other mixture. Drop onto greased baking sheet or stone. Optional to add a thin pat of butter to the tops. Bake at 375 for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and done.


No comments:

Post a Comment