I recently had the pleasure of visiting the Vitamix headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio. I spoke with the current CEO, Jodi Berg, about the struggles of having Crohn's Disease (she, too was diagnosed at a young age) and the part that real food has played in leading us both to health.
I also got to eat dinner next to the head chef of Vitamix and attend a class given by the professionals from their kitchen. This little video is just a snippet of the information I took in. This mango salsa was great with chips but would be even better on chicken. It's innovative, healthy, fresh, and easy. Enjoy.
Straight from the Vitamix website:
- 2 semi-ripe mangos, pitted, chunked, unpeeled
- 1 cup (16 g) fresh cilantro
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled or approximately 3/4 cup chopped
- 1 jalapeño, halved, seeded
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice or lemon juice
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. If necessary, use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades while processing.