Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe Review


Yes, the original recipe from PaleOmg is for donuts but guess what? I don't have a donut pan. I'm sure they're more fun to eat in the shape of a ring but honestly it works just as well to use a muffin pan, and it saves me $15.


3 large shredded carrots (use your Vitamix!)
1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
4 eggs
3 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
handful of raisins
handful of chopped walnuts (optional)

Mix together the carrots, sunflower seed butter, and honey. Try to break up the sunflower seed butter so there are no big chunks left. Add eggs, mix well. Then add the rest of your dry ingredients, save the raisins and walnuts. Fold the last 2 ingredients in last. Bake at 375 for about 20 mins or until done.

These are SO good.

Top with yogurt-frosting if you wish.

3 comments:

  1. Making this on an 8x8 pan.....hope I don't burn my toungue because I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many cupcakes does this make? :)

    ReplyDelete