Saturday, November 12, 2011

Vanilla Cupcakes with Frosting


There's nothing more elemental to baking than a vanilla cake. It is the base to so many other recipes, and in itself can be considered a luxury food. While this coconut flour recipe is technically for donuts, it works well as a general vanilla [cup]cake recipe too. I do not own a donut pan, and I like the portion sizes cupcakes offer versus making a cake with coconut flour that does not rise like a traditional cake. I actually made these vanilla cupcakes just as the recipe at Comfy Belly specified. I created my own topping, however. Here is my personal recipe for vanilla frosting:

1/8 stick of butter (partially melted)
1/3 cup of strained yogurt
1/8 cup of honey
couple drops of vanilla extract

Stir the partially melted butter into the yogurt with a fork until it looks well mixed then add honey and vanilla and completely mix. There you have it- SCD safe frosting.

I will be the first to admit that these cupcakes and frosting are a far cry from "regular" cupcakes and frosting. But when you are on SCD and the closest thing to candy is a raisin, then yeah, these cupcakes are pretty good.









No comments:

Post a Comment