Saturday, October 22, 2011

SCD Hot Cereal For Breakfast!






For those mornings you wake up and you don't want to eat meat and eggs there lies another solution! Hot "cereal" SCD style. No whole nuts, no baking, and no coconut  milk needed. It takes 10-15 minutes and it almost tastes like oatmeal :)



1 cup water

bring to boil then add

1 cup almond flour

stir continually for 10-15 minutes, until most of the water has been absorbed and the consistency is to your liking (I prefer mine on the less-liquidy side)

add 1/2 cup cooked rainins
cinnoman to taste
sprinkle of vanilla extract
2 tablepoons or so of honey

would be good with any fruit added really.

But for the stage (stage 1, again) I am currently in, I need everything cooked and the simpler the better, especially for breakfast; it's never fun getting a pile of dishes started that early in the morning.
Yumm...


14 comments:

  1. So simple! It's brilliant! Thanks for posting... I'm totally trying this for breakfast this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I have been craving it ever since I tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I stumbled upon your blog. I love how simple yet good this is. I add a little bit of quinoa as filler.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! So glad you found your own adaptation! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh, I'm here from Adopt a GF Blogger. Glad to meet you! I had no idea that almond flour could make a hot cereal. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added half a banana for flavor & stickiness. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really wanted to see this recipe and i had to wait longer than expected, was not loaded quickly...so there.

    i will try it for sure if i can get what is required.

    thanks again. Oh! looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made this with little chunks of fresh peach, cinnamon and honey and it tasted just like my childhood favorite: Quaker instant oatmeal peaches and cream, except way better! I can't believe i used to eat that garbage. Thanks pal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you made this ahead of time and then warmed it up?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just made this; it is excellent! I am going to pimp you in my blog - I know about your recent run-in with recipe theft :(

    Excited to try more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Has anyone tried this with coconut milk or almond milk in place of water? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg just made this and it is awesome! thank you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just saying .. this breakfast cereal with 1 cup of almond flour, raisins, and 1-2Tbsp of honey is hundreds of calories. Just for breakfast! I gained a pile of unwanted weight while following scd. Now, still following scd, I am trying to lose it. Recipes like this are a huge no for the scd folks who DON'T need to gain weight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow just made this - used apples instead of raisin. Hot cereal - missed this. Thank you for posting

    ReplyDelete