Friday, June 14, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Cilantro Burgers


If you follow my Instagram account @SaltedPaleo you would know that bacon was buy one get one free this week at Fresh Market! (Woo-hoo!) And so was ground sirloin. I love creating new flavors in the kitchen but I love it even more when I get high quality ingredients at bargain prices. Here's my little invention that happens to be easy, delicious, and perfect for summertime grilling.

Ingredients:

2 jalapenos, chopped into small pieces
1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 pounds ground beef (I used ground sirloin)
1.5 pounds market cut bacon (thicker strips)

Directions:

Mix all of the spices and peppers in with the ground beef (use your hands!). Form into patties about 3/4 inch thick and wrap each hamburger patty around one side in a strip of bacon, and then cross the other way, creating an X where the two strips meet. Tuck the ends of the bacon underneath itself on the opposing side of the patty. Grill over medium heat until bacon and burgers are cooked through. Enjoy!

Makes about 10 burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment