Friday, May 3, 2013

Sauteed Spinach Eggs (scd, Paleo)



After eating eggs every single day for a year straight I developed an aversion. I got to where I would just stare back at eggs as they sat on my breakfast plate every morning. This has recently been overcome to a degree, so every once in a while now I will eat eggs for a meal or a side dish. Not until recently, though, had I ever added anything to scrambled eggs and I am not sure why. Adding spinach like in this recipe heightens the nutritional value so much that I can't understand eating eggs without veggies now. Not to mention this is quick and flavorful, a good choice for a last minute meal in a hurry.

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp coconut oil
3 Large Eggs (preferably pastured)
Two large handfuls of baby spinach (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
salt to taste (I like a lot, as you can tell by the picture)

Directions:
Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add spinach and stir occasionally until wilted. It will look like a lot but it cooks down to practically nothing.

Add the eggs and spices and scramble in the pan.

Serve with freshly cut tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment