Saturday, April 27, 2013

Banana Butter Pecan Dairy-Free Ice cream (Paleo, scd, Vitamix)



The closest vegan and Paleo option you will get to real dairy ice cream is frozen bananas. I don't know how or why but frozen blended bananas create almost the exact replica of the texture of traditional ice cream. The only problem is that it always tastes like bananas. Not a huge deal, but if you're already not a fan of the fruit it may be an issue. I really liked this "butter" pecan take because the banana flavor was not overpowering to me. It's just four simple ingredients and takes less than five minutes to throw together.

Ingredients:

3 large frozen bananas
2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup pecans, chopped
Dash of salt (optional)

Directions:

When bananas develop spots, peel and place in container or plastic wrap and put in freezer. Once they are completely frozen place bananas, cinnamon, vanilla, and 1/4 cup of pecans into Vitamix or blender.
Blend on high for about two minutes, until bananas become creamy and ingredients are well mixed. Turn off machine and add the rest of the nuts. Fold in with spatula and serve.

5 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING. Turned out wonderful, and was a great use for the scads of bananas currently in my freezer (it's been too hot to bake banana loaf). Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this recipe. I am so going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try this and excited that it doesn't require an ice cream maker, since I don't own one yet!! Hope to be a proud owner of a Vitamix soon, but hopefully my current blender will do the trick until I get one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never left a comment from a recipe that I've tried in my life. But this is such an awesomely simple idea that tastes so much like ice cream you won't believe it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use a cuisinart if you don't have a vitamix we use ours all the time for banana ice cream.

      Delete