Thursday, June 7, 2012

Garden Burger (scd, paleo)



I am not sure what a "garden burger" truly is, but since this one mainly consisted of ingredients from my garden, I shall deem this burger as such. It's pretty simple, but it's one of those dinners that you crave and can make without a lot of effort.

2 lbs ground beef
2 Tablespoons ground white pepper
2 Tablespoons dill

Work the seasonings into the meat, then form patties and place on grill until done.

1 Onion, sliced into circles
1 or 2 tomatoes, sliced
1 clove garlic per patty, leave on shell
2 jalepeƱo peppers
About 4 cups of baby greens or baby spinach leaves

At the same time, grill the onion until desired, I didn't want mine to be soggy, but just get that smokey flavor- so I grilled along burger patties for the same amount of time. Also place the garlic cloves directly onto grill and leave on for about ten minutes, turning once.

All that's left is to put everything together. I made the lettuce/spinach my bed, then laid the burger patty, onion, tomato, remove the garlic peel and smoosh the clove over everything, add cheese, jalepeƱos, sauces, and whatever else you fancy. This dinner was both filling and delicious. :)

3 comments:

  1. Therese from MichiganJune 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM

    Oh, my goodness this looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my oh my does this ever look good! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete