Monday, June 4, 2012

Pre-Packaged SCD Goodies





It's not that these foods would be that hard to make at home, put in a Ziplock bag, and take on-the-go, but the fact that you don't have to do that is amazing to me. Every once in a while all scd-ers should take a break from the kitchen, especially with busy summer here. I have recently found some blog-worthy snacks to present to you, since I always appreciate being aware of scd-ready grocery foods, I assume you do as well. Pictured are Lärabars, Mariani Honeybars, and a Jennies macaroon. All have only scd-safe listed ingredients and make a perfect energy pick-me-up for traveling, or just sitting at home.

LÄRABAR

1. Apple Pie- dates, almonds, unsweetened apples, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon.

2. Coconut Cream Pie- dates, unsweetened coconut, almonds, cashews, extra virgin coconut oil

3. Ginger Snap- dates, almonds, pecans, ginger, cinnamon, cloves




Mariani/ Honeybar

1. Trail Mix- peanuts, honey, raisins, sunflower kernels, almonds, pumpkin seeds

2. Sesame- sesame, peanuts, rasins, almonds, sunflower kernels, pumpkin seeds

3. Cranberry- this one is not pictured and I do not have the ingredients, honestly, I ate the last one yesterday.




Jennies macaroon

1. Unsweetened sulfite-free coconut, honey, and egg whites



I hear the macaroons are wonderful, I have yet to try any of these except for the Mariani's. I was just so excited to find so many things, and I hadn't posted in a while I wanted to blog about it first. I found the Larabars ($1.89/each) and macaroons ($1.19/each) at a local health food store, but they should also be available online. Surprisingly, the Mariani Honeybars are available at Walmart and they are only 88 cents each. Probably not the best quality honey, but for the convenience I'd say it's worth the sacrifice.


2 comments:

  1. its nice to have a safe convenience foods for those "on-the go" emergencies! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eating the Macaroond for years but they recently added agave juice so they're off the list now.

    ReplyDelete