Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cinnamon Cookies Recipe Review


Something about the approaching winter season makes cinnamon and spices like it more enticing. Thus, when I went on a search for a sweet treat to make for the upcoming week when I read "cinnamon cookies" (from Comfy Belly) I had to try them. Such a simple idea, sounded like it would be pleasing to my taste buds. I was pleasantly right. It seems like I can never just make a recipe without adding my own modifications so here is what I changed:

Subbed 3/4 cup almond flour + 1/4 cup coconut flour (instead of 2 cups almond flour)Added 1/3 cup almond butter for texture

Sprinkled with cinnamon and sea salt

These cookies are equivalent to a perfect brownie- edges are slightly crunchy, inside is slightly chewy. Wow, I will be making these again.





1 comment:

  1. Mmm yummy! I would love it if you would post the full recipe you actually made - I think that is fine as long as you are giving recipe credit and linking back! It would be so much easier to make the recipe myself with your changes if it was all in one place. Fun blog and great pictures! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete