Friday, November 4, 2011

Fried Fish



Here's a fun fact: I was raised in the South. Anyone who knows what GRITS mean, well that's me. I resented that fact for the longest time, but now I have come to terms with it. What that means for my food palate, though, is that my tongue craves carbs- more specifically fried carbs. Unfortunately, the specific carbohydrate diet does not allow for a lot of that. I have found a way to incorporate at least one southern staple back into my gut-friendly diet. Fried fish was a weekend ritual back down south and here is my way of replicating that in an SCD-friendly way:

2 pieces of fish of your choice (I prefer Flounder)

Mix:
1/3 cup almond flour
Salt
Pepper

Heat 1/3 cup olive oil on medium-high heat and saute 2 cloves of garlic

Make sure your fish pieces are completely thawed out then dab the almond flour mixture onto the tops and flip and press onto bottoms of pieces of fish. I have found that "dredging" into almond flour doesn't really work well, and ends up with a lot of almond flour (expensive) waste.

Fry over medium-hot heat until breading turns golden brown.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this. As a person new to SCD, I really missed fried food and this awesome recipe made things much easier for me.

    Kudos!

    ReplyDelete