Monday, November 7, 2011

Cranberry Orange Muffins


Lately, the item that really has been "hitting the spot" for my tummy is an old fashioned muffin. I think the combination of perfect portion size and adaptability for any time of day add to its appeal. Needless to say, isn't everyone always looking for a good SCD safe snack?
Here is another recipe from Comfy Belly. It is these cranberry orange muffins. As fall has fallen the produce now in season include cranberries and citrus fruits from the Southern hemisphere of the world. So this recipe is fitting for the time of year. It's pretty good too, no one would ever guess these are "diet" muffins. Here are my changes:


3/4 cup almond flour & 1/4 cup coconut flour instead of all almond flour
used 1/2 cup orange juice instead of fresh oranges

yumm...




2 comments:

  1. looks good. adapting for child with almond allergy and lack of interest in cranberries, wonder if I could substitute blueberries, and something else for the almond flour - maybe pecan flour (if I can find that?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think any nut flour would work. If you decide to go all coconut flour tho I'd say it'd only be less than 1/2 cup total and you'd easily have to double if not triple the # of eggs.

    ReplyDelete