Thursday, November 14, 2013

Slow Cooker Paleo Pulled Pork



Now that I get home an average of two hours later than I have been used to arriving at my house, I will be more dependent on slow cooker recipes, at least for a while. Many of you, I know, can relate- having busy lives and scrambling to find enough time to make real food meals. A good quality Crock Pot is definitely a small investment worth making. Here is one very simple recipe that can get you started with your slow cooking quest.


Ingredients:

1 2lb pork loin
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper 
1 small onion, sliced

Directions:

Place pork loin in slow cooker, with the fattiest side on the bottom. Pour the vinegar over the loin. Sprinkle spices on top of the pork and use your hand to spread around to the sides.
Throw onion slices around and on top of the pork loin.
Slow cook all day on low setting (for 6 to 9 hours).
Shred with a fork.
Enjoy.

I ate it on a bed of baby greens with some banana peppers and it was delish.


1 comment:

  1. I don't eat pork, but I'll definitely be trying this with chicken!!

    ReplyDelete