Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bacon Omelette Cups (paleo, scd)



Let me just tell you how excited I am to have a 6 AM flight at an airport almost an hour away. I'm not. I'm trying to get all my crap together today so I can go without starving for half the day tomorrow for lack of readily available real food in airports. I'm thinking these little egg cups will be super convenient to grab and go tomorrow not to mention I'm using up some of my produce that would otherwise just have to be tossed by the time I get back home in a few days.

Ingredients:

6 eggs
1 package of bacon
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 orange bell pepper
1/4 cup onion
1 tsp dill
1 tsp white pepper
salt, to taste (because I use low-sodium bacon)

How to assemble:

With a whisk, scramble all six eggs together in a large bowl.
Slice peppers thinly lengthwise and then chop into small blocks the opposing way.
Chop onion into thin cubes.
Add veggies and seasonings to the eggs and stir.
Meanwhile, in a muffin baking pan wrap one piece of bacon around itself in each cup. I started with the thickest end down on the middle then wrapped the middle bacon around the edge of the cup, if that makes sense. Just make it work.
Spoon the egg/veggie mixture into each cup lined with bacon.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

3 comments: