Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cinnamon Raisin Almond Flour Pancakes (scd)


I kinda felt guilty eating this for breakfast, it tasted like a cinnamon raisin cookie. That feeling didn't last very long though, because for one, I rarely take the time to actual make anything other than eggs for breakfast and for two, this is loaded with protein from the eggs, nuts, and yogurt. I also found myself using less honey as syrup since the few raisins added just enough sweetness so that it hardly needs assistance. They smell good frying and taste even better. Hope you like.

1 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
sprinkle of sea salt
1/2 cup yogurt
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbps cinnamon
1/4 cup raisins

oil for frying (I prefer coconut)

Add all of the above ingredients together in a bowl, starting with the dry, then adding in the wet, save the raisins. Whisk until well mixed, but do not over beat. Heat oil 1 tsp at a time in frying pan over med-high heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into hot oil and sprinkle with a few raisins. Watch closely, when the batter starts to bubble take the edge of your spatula and lift up the edge of the pancake, if it is brown, then flip. Fry for about another minute or two, then remove from heat. Repeat process, adding a tsp of oil before each cake, each time, as I noticed when I made it the oil always got absorbed. When all the batter is gone and the cakes are done top with butter, berries, and/or honey.

2 comments:

  1. Adopt A Gluten-Free Blogger is a fun event every month where a blogger can "adopt" another by making a recipe or two and posting about the recipes and the blog itself. This month, I adopted you and made your Hot Cereal and Crunchy Butternut Squash Chips :)
    http://enjoyingglutenfreelife.com/adopt-a-gluten-free-blogger-relish-scd/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Shannon, I can't believe you found my little blog! Thank you so much, I appreciate the honor. I took a look at your website as well, and I am very excited to make some of those recipes! Best wishes!

      Delete