Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bread-less Sandwich


Who ever said that a sandwich has to consist of bread? Okay, so maybe by very definition that is indeed what a sandwich is, but over here in scd-world I consider a truly bread-less sandwich to be no less of a 'wich.... or sand? I know this recipe may seem overly simple, or just another way to make a salad, but when I think of salad I think of a large bed of leafy greens and some kind of dressing, which requires a lot of work. Salad dressing to me is another step that I have to take in preparation, which I don't always have a lot of time for. Also, salads don't have pickles. Cucumbers- yes, pickles- no. In any case, whatever you want to call this. It's good. The idea just came to me, you don't need bread for sandwich toppings, condiments, and meat- you just need, well, all of the above.

1/2 chicken breast (use your left overs!) sliced
1/2 tomato, sliced
1 pickle, sliced
About 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
Some cheese (I prefer Monterey Jack)
Some mustard

Throw all of the above ingredients together in a bowl or on a plate. Eat.

Seriously, it's like eating a sandwich but without the pain; I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment