Saturday, February 25, 2012

Light as Air Blond Walnut Cookies (scd)


I really want to start a "Cookie of the Week" theme but I am afraid I am not consistent enough with A) trying new recipes and B) new cookie recipes in particular. But of all the SCD treats, I have to say cookies are my preferred choice of luxury food. I call these cookies light as air because even the batter is super light, and the texture of the cookie is like fluff (in a good way.) The blond part comes in because they have virtually no color- this scared me as I was initially making them because they look they they would also have no flavor but that is far from the truth! All I can say is yummmm...

Ingredients:

1 stick butter, softened
1 cup honey
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp cinnoman
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 & 1/4 cup almond flour
2 heaping Tbsp yogurt
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)



Mix all the ingredients together in order, saving the yogurt for last, to fold in. Bake at 350 for 12 & 1/2 minutes or until the tops just barely turn brown and the insides are not mush.

5 comments:

  1. This cookie recipe looks so good. I've never tried making a light and fluffy cookie before so I wonder what that would taste like? I also haven't seen cooke recipes that use yogurt in them before either. Can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited that you want to try it. Because of the nut flours it is slightly reminiscent of almond and its also buttery. The flavor and texture is very smooth, the yogurt is the secret that makes them this way! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. How about a cookie year? One new cookie a month!?

    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humm...good idea. I may give that a try. Thanks!

      Delete