Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cinnamon Bun Muffins Recipe Review


Perhaps my favorite free part of being at the mall is strolling past freshly baked Annie Anne's pretzels or Cinnabon's anything. When first starting SCD I hated smelling other people's food that I couldn't have, it only made me crave it more. But after about a month I found that the opposite occurred. Now I enjoy smelling foods I once indulged in, it brings back memories and what I always tell other people who feel bad eating in front of me is that I can smell it- and remember what it tastes like. Which is true, I don't have to spend the calories and I can remember exactly what that jumbo piece of cake tastes like. It's a gift at times really. Anyways, the point of this post is to say that us on SCD do not have to go without delicacies like cinnamon buns while on this diet.

Here is the Cinnamon Bun Muffins Recipe from Comfy Belly. These are amazing little treats, They make just enough to ration out over a weeks time. A word for the wiser though, 2 tablespoons of cinnamon for the topping is way too much, the spice overpowers itself and it tastes bitter, I would go for around 2 teaspoons perhaps. As usual, I subbed the 2 1/2 cups of almond flour for 3/4 cup almond flour and 1/4 cup coconut flour. Also I used applesauce instead of yogurt. These are pretty tasty!

Too much cinnamon in the Mix



3 comments:

  1. i saw that you said you subbed the 2 c. almond flour for 3/4 c almond flour and 1/4 c. coconut flour... I am trying to understand this... so you reduced the amt. of sugar from 2 1/2 c. to 1 c? thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing changes with the sugar:

    1/2 cup of yogurt or applesauce
    1/4 cup of honey (or maple syrup)
    2 eggs
    3/4 cup almond flour
    1/4 cup coconut flour
    1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
    1/2 teaspoon of baking soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these muffins a couple of nights ago with your changes to the recipe. They are the best muffins I've had on SCD! I was afraid they would have the nutty taste of a lot of SCD baked goods but, thank goodness, they did not. I'm going to make more of these tonight. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete