Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sweet Squash Stacks (scd, paleo)


Easy recipe win. Squash and coconut combine for a surprisingly nice flavor. What I have found to be true is that some squashes are sweeter than others. The butternut squash I used in this recipe was naturally very sweet and therefore I felt it completely unnecessary to add any extra sweeteners to these snacks. If you, by chance, get more of a bland tasting squash then I would suggest adding perhaps 1/4 cup of honey to the batter before baking for a sweeter taste.

Ingredients:

1 cup cooked squash (pureed)
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 Tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp vanilla 
1 egg
1/2 cup raisins
pinch of salt


Directions:

Combine all of above in a medium mixing bowl.
Place in one inch piles on baking sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Let cool.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I am totally going to make these! I am loving all things squash these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondering if these would work with pumpkin... toss some spices in.... might have to try

    ReplyDelete