Monday, October 21, 2013

Perfect Vanilla Pie Crust (gluten-free, scd, paleo)



So I made my own vanilla extract. How? Put a vanilla bean in a glass container, pour in vodka, let time go by. End. Yes, it really is that easy. I used Ciroc too, so this is extra premium stuff for a fraction of the Whole Food's price. How 'bout them beans? Case in point, I finally got to use my vanilla in this pie crust and it delivered paleo perfection. Pie crusts are a staple of any baker's kitchen so feel free to fill it with apples, potatoes, or whatever fills your heart's desire. I dare say you could eat this stuff alone and be quite satisfied.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
pinch of salt

Directions:
In a medium bowl mix well together all of the above ingredients. Using your hands pat down into a pie pan, pushing the crust up the sides.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, until edges turn golden brown.
Let cool.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I've been looking for a Paleo pie crust to make a pumpkin pie in! (I just picked up one of those mini pie pumpkins from Trader Joe's-- they're great). I love that there are only 5 ingredients in this! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this for my New Years party!

    ReplyDelete