Monday, August 26, 2013

Purple Chicken Stir Fry


One of the most beautiful patterns found in food, to me, is the way purple cabbage appears as it is sliced through. Perhaps I am strange to notice things like these, but I can't help it. Beyond purple cabbage being aesthetically pleasing it posses high nutrient value, as it is delivers good amounts of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as folate, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. This simple stir fry is very tasty and quite filling, I think you'll like it.


Ingredients:

1 Tbsp coconut oil

2 cups chopped red/purple cabbage
1 cup chopped portabella mushrooms
2 lg chicken breasts, cut into small chunks

1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground chipotle pepper powder
3 medium leaves of fresh basil
salt, to taste

Directions:

Heat oil over medium-high heat add cabbage and spices. Cover and cook for ten minutes, stirring once or twice. Reduce to medium-low heat. Add chicken and mushrooms. Cover and cook for about five minutes, until chicken is cooked through.

*As a reminder, through 9/1 I have a giveaway going on for a Paderno spiral slicer to make your veggies into paleo pasta. Enter by clicking here.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this article. I learned a new recipe in your article and I will share this one with my friends. I'm sure they will love this recipe very much.

    Recipe for Stir Fry Sauce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really like chicken but it's a cheap protein so I'm always looking for new ways to enjoy eating it. Honestly, I didn't think I would like this but the flavors were on point and it was super easy! I'm definitely adding this to my recipe rotation. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete