Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Easy Artichoke Chicken Bake


The reality of cooking is that little skill is actually needed when fresh, whole, real foods are used. The flavors need little to be enhanced when nature is let alone to give it's spoil. Perhaps you will think so too after you make this easy artichoke and mushroom chicken bake. Minimal dirty dishes, maximum taste. I recommend using organic vegetables and herbs and free-range chicken.

Ingredients:

2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 large portabella mushrooms
2 small tomatoes
1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp white pepper
1 Tbsp basil
salt, to taste

Directions:

Slice mushrooms and chicken breast into bite size pieces. Slice or chop tomatoes. Drain can of artichoke hearts. Throw all of the ingredients together in a 9 x 13 baking dish and mix everything together (don't be afraid to use your hands) to evenly coat in spices and vinegar. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. I saw this recipe posted on facebook and thought, this looks really good! AND, it was!! I did make a few variations.... I used a can of organic diced tomatoes, I didn't have artichoke hearts and I used regular balsalmic vinegar. I also added some dried onion flake, minced galric and flat leaf parsley. I blaked for about 35 minutes. It was delicious and the entire family loved it and wants to eat it again tomorrow!

    Thanks for a great recipe!!! Please keep sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was SO delicious! I made it earlier in the week, and it is going into my regular rotation! So nice to have an SCD legal recipe that my non-SCD roommate loved as much as me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to sound dumb, but I just want to make sure....does the chicken have to be cooked beforehand? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not dumb at all! No, if you slice the chicken into smaller pieces, cooking it at 350 for a half hour will bake it completely through. That's the beauty of this recipe- it's only one dish to clean.

      Delete