Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Spicy Mexican Rice (paleo, scd, Vitamix)


Until someone decides to open a Chipotle near me, I guess I will have to settle on making my own Mexican paleo dishes. Mexican rice was always a favorite of mine, so this is my interpretation of it. It got good reviews in my house. Enjoy.


Ingredients:

1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 yellow baby bell peppers, chopped
1 small jalapeno pepper, finely diced
3 small/medium fresh tomatoes, diced
1 head cauliflower, riced
1/2 can tomato paste
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp ground Chipotle pepper (optional)
1/2 cup chicken stock or water
salt, to taste

Directions:

In a pan over medium heat, saute onion in coconut oil. Add bell pepper, jalapeno, and fresh tomatoes. Cook until onions are translucent. Then add riced cauliflower, tomato paste, seasonings, and water or broth. Stir well and cover. Cook for about ten minutes or until cauliflower is cooked through. Add salt to taste.

1 comment: