Sunday, March 3, 2013

Strawberry Spinach Shake (scd, paleo, Vitamix)


It's been a while since I've posted a smoothie recipe. As I watched my fruit die a slow death in my refrigerator I decided to put it out of it's misery and turn it into this:

Strawberry Spinach Shake

1 cup strawberries
1/2 cup grapes
1 cup spinach leaves
2 thin slices pineapple
1/2 cucumber
1 tsp cinnamon
handful of cashews or walnuts
2 cups ice

Put ingredients in container in order. Start at variable speed 1 on Vitamix blender and  increase to 10, then on high. Push ingredients into blades with tamper. When desired consistency is reached turn the machine off. Then enjoy!




As always, If you do not have a Vitamix I highly recommend purchasing one. They are an investment but you will more than get your "monies worth" out of it. I use mine almost daily for making nut butters, coconut milk, smoothies, and soups. As always, you can enjoy FREE GROUND SHIPPING with the use of my code at checkout: 06-006499 or this will also give you $25 off priority shipping at Vitamix.com. Or just click one of my Vitamix banners.

No comments:

Post a Comment