Saturday, March 30, 2013

Nut-Free Paleo Big Cookies


Today was one of those days when I wished I could go back in time and be a six year old child walking into a grocery store and getting a free balloon and, best of all, cookie. A simple moment of bliss in a stress-free world. Cookies make everything better.
This recipe is super simple and only takes a few minutes to make and bake. I really didn't expect it to taste like much but I was super surprised at how delicious these ingredients merge together. One of my new faves.

1 Cup Sunflower Seed Butter (Sunbutter or other nut butter)
1/2 Cup honey
1 Egg, well beaten
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of salt
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/3 cup Cacao nibs (use raisins for scd)
1/3 cup Coconut flakes (optional, omit if you want completely nut-free)

Mix all ingredients together well, saving the cacao nibs and coconut flakes for folding in last. The dough will be a big soupy-er than average cookie dough. Scoop onto baking sheet or stone and place in oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until they turn golden brown.

It makes about 5 large, thin cookies. They are hard to get off of a baking sheet without messing up their aesthetics so feel free to use parchment paper if you are so inclined.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm David! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!
    David.D.Haas22{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete