Thursday, January 10, 2013

3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken (scd, paleo)




So my original plan was to save these new recipes for my website debut. Well, surprise (not really), it's going to take a while before the site gets unveiled. I don't want to present something half-done out there for the public to see. That's like going to the grocery store in your pajamas. Sure, you get what you need to accomplished, but it's just embarrassing -you want to be presentable at least. I'd be afraid to end up on one of those "meanwhile at Walmart" posts.
With that being said I have literally been making this recipe every week for the past few weeks. It's so incredibly simple and since it's made in a slow cooker you can "set it and forget it."
May I suggest eating the buffalo chicken in a lettuce wrap or a grain-free bun? Yep, good stuff.


1 pkg boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds- roughly 3 breasts)
1/2 to 3/4  bottle of your favorite hot sauce (or more if you like it really spicy)
2 Tbsp butter or coconut oil

I have a small, 2 quart crock-pot which I love since it's very easy to wash and it does not take up much counter top space. I suppose a regular sized slow cooker would work just as well, though. Place the chicken in first, then add the hot sauce and butter or oil. You can even use frozen chicken. After throwing everything together in the morning leave it on low setting and by dinner time it will be ready. If you are home prior to wanting to eat, take a fork and shred the chicken and let it soak in all the juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment