Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Yogurt


Here is the exact thought process that went through my mind:

Open refrigerator
I am hungry.
I should eat a vegetable.
That's not filling enough, plus I don't feel like eating a vegetable.
Notices container of pumpkin puree
Humm, pumpkin....yogurt? Yeah, I think that's probably a Yoplait flavor.
Maybe if I add spices it will taste like pie, and I'll be getting a vegetable in.
Yes. Doing it.

Welcome to my world. Probably doesn't make much sense but I tried it. I'm not going to say it tastes exactly like pumpkin pie, but if you are like me and tired of the everyday plain yogurt routine, it's worth a try if you have some extra pumpkin puree at your disposal. I also recommend adding some chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds in with the mix, to give it the illusion of having crust. After all, what is pumpkin pie without the crust?

1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup dripped yogurt
1 Tbps honey
dash of allspice and cinnamon
drop of vanilla extract


2 comments:

  1. cheryl foster charlesJune 25, 2013 at 6:06 AM

    Hi, this is raw pumpkin isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe pumpkin puree is usually cooked first.

      Delete