Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Frozen Blackberry Coconut Pie (scd, paleo)

This was not the easiest to photograph. It's really not the easiest to describe either. Here is the original recipe. Unfortunately I did not have any silicone muffin baking thingys so I did what I always do in those times of need, and used a pie pan. So this dessert was intended to be in small cups, and I could very well see that working and likewise being delectable. But, turns out, it is as equally scrumptious in pie-format. The cashews work very nicely adding a soft crunch to the creamy, yet solid texture. I guess if I had to compare this to something it would be like a thick sorbet, but it's really hard to put my finger on it. Wether or not I can properly title this post, this is worth making. It's simple and very tasty.

Ingredients:
1 cup coconut butter
1 cup blackberries
1 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup cashews

Combine honey and berries over medium heat in a saucepan. Heat until the berries get soft and start to break apart. Then add everything else, take off heat. Pour into whatever shape pan you want the end result to be. Freeze for at least an hour.





No comments:

Post a Comment