Sunday, May 13, 2012

Blackberry Honey Butter Cake


I have finally gotten to the point of baking with almond and coconut flours that I don't really need a base recipe to go by, I can pretty well tell by how the batter looks if the consistency is going to turn out right. This is one of my very first entirely original creations. I really wanted to make it in a bunt pan since I think it would have looked *prettier* but since I do not have one, I made a pie dish work. I hope you like:

1 cup almond flour
1 cup coconut flour
6 eggs
1 cup honey
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 stick butter

1 (12 oz.) container fresh blackberries
1/2 cup honey

Melt butter in bowl, add flour, baking soda, eggs, and honey. Stir well. pour 1/2 of batter into baking round. In separate bowl mash blackberries with a whisk and add honey, stir. Pour blackberry filling into round, covering the bottom layer. Pour remaining batter over top of blackberry layer. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until set.

Either reserve some blackberry filling to start, or make additional. Top cake slice with a thin layer of yogurt and then a layer of blackberry honey.

Yumm...

(p.s. be careful not to over bake with coconut flour. It cooks much faster than wheat flour and when too done it turns gummy and dark)

7 comments:

  1. Making this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this has become our absolute go-to dessert -- It was the first thing I made that turned out really delicious and not just "almost as good as..." It is so easy to make, and always perfect. My daughter likes raspberries, so that's what we use. Thank you! I can't tell you what a difference this delicious recipe has made for us. It literally made us feel like we got our life back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Thank you for your kind sentiments! I am so glad you found something that brings back a bit of "normalcy." & Thanks for following! :) I wish you continued success on Paleo/SCD.

      Delete
  3. This looks super yummy and easy! I have a bundt pan so I think I will try in the bundt! I have to go through steps of adding back eggs, honey and butter first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious and my daughter loves blackberries. I can't wait to try this one out and watch her friend's reactions when she takes it out of her lunchbox...that's going to be priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! It looks delicious! Do you think I can make it nut free?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could try using just coconut flour. I would try 1 and 1/4 cup coconut flour and increase eggs to 8 or 9. Let me know if you try it!

      Delete