Sunday, September 18, 2011

SCD Easy, Fluffy Pancakes With Coconut Flour

It's amazing what it feels like to feel "normal." Even if it is for just a day. Today was that day, no pains, and relatively clear thinking skills. What do I do with this new found feeling, you ask? Cook! What else is there when food is the center of your personal universe? Pancakes sounded good to me this morning, and with a 5 pound bag of coconut flour in my refrigerator, along with about thirty eggs, I knew I had enough ingredients. So here it goes, this is super easy and with a drizzle of honey, I'd say they taste pretty close to wheat flour 'cakes.

2 Tablespoons coconut flour
2 Tablespoons water (or coconut milk if you have it)
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon honey
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Mix all of the above in a small bowl, not too much, the less you whisk the fluffier the eggs and therefore the pancakes turn out. Spoon the batter into little piles in a hot skillet and turn when they bubble all over.

Add fruit like berries during cooking if desired, or afterwards on top.

yummmmmmmmmmm....

1 comment: